Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Curious Confluence Afterward Eight: Daughter’s Final Comments

So, if one takes at somewhere near face value the story that has unfolded in these pages, one is still left with a very large question.

“Why would he do that? What about a woman, who, even though she had assumed to him an intensely believable reality, would have caused him to do whatever he actually did – dead in the river or returned and escaped with her being the two on-offer possibilities – to his eternal detriment? Why would he allow himself to disappear to save woman that he didn’t even know?”

I think I have found the answer to that.

That answer is in the journal.

The fact that I have found that apparent answer is a happenstance of luck. The pages weren’t in the journal. They were in the trash. They had been torn out of the journal and thrown in the trash.

It was an accident that I happened to see them when I was vacating my father’s apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment