Thursday, April 17, 2014

News From First Stop Island – First Post

Je ai installé la cirque. 

I just made the batter for tomorrow’s galettes and and am getting ready to eat tonight’s weird soup: leek, beet and carrot with barley.  And I will add to that menu a salad and the rest of the Cole slaw. 

I think I will watch Sweet Bird of Youth after that. 

I went to the library and picked up Philomena this afternoon.  I got and Hustle yesterday.

The hummingbirds will need a refill at dawn. 

It is raining now and the weather report says it is going to rain all day tomorrow.  Maybe I can start a great novel while it rains. 

Or I can just do a Rocking Horse Winner on the Roubais on the spinner. 

I had a flat tire yesterday  and had a lot of fun fixing it; I got in a twenty mile ride today before I did the thistles.

Before I did the thistles I brought up several more garden logs from the beach. 

Then I had a shrimp and salsa omelet.

Then I went to town an bought the stuff I didn’t have that I needed for the crepes.

There is never a dull moment here on First Stop Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment