Friday, December 14, 2012

Oh What’s The Use?

Eighteen children?

Age ten or younger?
 
What has the NRA got to say about this?

I would expect a vapid statement of generic horror coupled with a re-iteration of "by my cold hand".

There are so many guns in America that I am reasonably sure that some sort of "law" can't do anything.  I am am also reasonably sure that - in anyone who might read this's lifetime - there will be no way to reduce or control that number.

So I guess we should create a generic news release - a la Catch 22 - that leaves blank spaces for the numbers of dead, dying and seriously wounded.

That way we can have a very efficient way of describing the incident – they are generically identical, only the body count differs – and we can get on with business as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment