Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Meaning Of Those Domes?

I was looking at one of the pictures I have taken of the Russian Orthodox facility that has sprung up on Avenue Rapp in Paris.

paris 2016 russian orthodox fort 112916 00000

It happens that I took this one fairly head on to the entry to what appears to be the church (I did that on purpose) so that the configuration and layout of the domes is presented fairly symmetrically.

Looking at it, I counted: three little ones; one big one; “what does that signify, if anything?” I said to myself.

All of a sudden all those years of Catholic education kicked in: three is the key.

So here is the diagram of what I think it means.

I don’t care a whit about this in any serious, certainly not religious, way but, if accurate,I find it to be interesting.

If anyone reading this post knows more about it, and if I am correct, or if I am wrong, please let me know.

russian orthodox trinity story paris 2016 112916 00000

No comments:

Post a Comment