Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Boeing 737 Max 8–Follow On

In my most recent post I pointed out that the FAA doesn’t want to ground the Boeing 737 Max 8 until they have more data.

I further wondered if that additional data might be the obvious – more crashes.

Putting two and two together I said that I wasn’t going to volunteer for that gathering of data.

Now, tonight, on the PBS News Hour, I just heard that the FAA has told Boeing that flying the 737 Max 8 involves a “risk of impact with terrain”.

Since it’s only a risk, and at that, only a risk of impact with terrain, I withdraw my concerns.

I would hope the related passenger safety briefing will include the fact that the FAA has said that this plane may have impact with terrain.

I just wonder what the passengers in those briefings are going to be told to do when the Max 8 goes perpendicular to the surface of the earth at high speed.

I’m sure it will be to be sure your seat belts are fastened. 

A friend of mine, after reading this, reminded me of one more obvious statement to be included in the Max 8 safety briefing:

"Put your head between you legs and kiss your ass goodbye".

It’s good when the we can all work things like this little glitch out and assure that corporate profits are not damaged.

I just heard that donnie the simplifier has ordered the FAA to ground “all those damn complicated planes”.

Simultaneously the local PBS outlet is shrieking about the loss of 12,000 jobs at the Boeing plant in Renton.

I haven’t had a chance to go to the FB/Twitter experts yet, so I don’t know what to think, or if I should think at all - ever, about all of this.

I am burdened with minimal bandwidth it would seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment