Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The End Of The World As Social Policy

I heard an interview today with an ex-Jehovah's Witness.

The first thing she said was something similar to “since the world is going to end any day why would I go to college”?

That got me wondering.

evangelical christians, I have been told, believe that they – the born again forgiven – are imminently going to be assumed into heaven.

Immediately I had to further wonder if the evangelicals mostly therefore eschew higher education – I know, there are some evangelical colleges, but, seriously …

If the evangelicals do so eschew, and there are a whole lot of them – just ask donnie the dildo – maybe that is why we have such a mismatch between what jobs are available - and there are a lot of them, but they are technical jobs that require having been to a serious school of higher education with serious technical training credentials - and people available to fill them.

If that is close to true the evangelicals and their myriad less mainstream nuts are providing an ever growing mudsill of idiots who can’t get jobs and therefore will vote for idiots like donnie.

I can hear donnie crowing to Kelly Ann: “that’s even better than coal miners”.

No comments:

Post a Comment