Saturday, February 11, 2023

Two Movies I Don't Get

 Cate Blanchett is a favorite of mine.

And she came through swimmingly in Tar: a yeoman's performance, I guess I would say.

But, aside from the fun of watching one of my favorite people do her schtick, I have no idea to what end she was doing it.

Other than the superficial aspects of the story line, I have no idea what Tar is really about.

It seemed - as the final scene summed it all up - that I had just lived through the world's longest shaggy dog story.

Except that Cate isn't in it, and those who are are new to me (I probably have seen Colin Firth somewhere and not known it) one can plug the same words from the sentences above into my reaction to The Banshees of Inisherin.

Except that it wasn't even a shaggy dog story.

The miniature donkey was a great character, though.

They could have added Alfie and had a passable buddy movie.



1 comment:

  1. CATE Blanchett????? I haven't seen "Tar" yet, but I am still reeling from her casting as Sally Hawkin's sister in "Blue Jasmine".

    ReplyDelete