Friday, July 21, 2023

Morons With Credentials?

 For the rest of us, hearing that people like Josh Hawley, John Kennedy and Ron Desantis went to the top universities in the United States, and then toddled off to England for the cherry atop their educational sundae has kept us, at least it has me, silent about how smart - or not - they must be.

As a small state school graduate, having been subjected to ridicule from any crowd of prestige school graduates that life has ever brought me into proximity, I have tended to hunker down in my vicious attacks on a personally perceived cadre of morons, and lay off of the morons from prestige schools.

Especially prestige schools in England.

(Fragment noted - again).

Tonight I decided to abandon that hunkering down.

After all, so many of our elected leaders who make a point of their ed-cred keep being manifest morons, how could I let that dog continue to lie sleeping.

The morons in question are John Kennedy of Louisianna, Josh Hawley of Missouri and Ron Desantis of Disney World.

I had a general theme in mind and I wanted to be accurate with the specifics, so I went to my friend Bing GPT 4 with some questions.


I was surprised that this search left out Cambridge or Oxford.

I was sure all three also went to those schools.

So I probed my Bing Freind.


I wondered if my friend Bing didn't understand "British".

So I probed more specifically.


I was relieved to discover that, apparently, John Kennedy, Josh Hawley and Ron Desantis are merely garden-variety-locally-prestige-university-educated morons.

I have always revered the great British schools and I would have hated to think that they could have spawned the like of that trio.

(Of course, I need to ignore Boris Johnson for that to be a continued belief.)

I don't know how to reconcile the trio's moronic productivity with the reputations of their domestic universities, however.

Maybe George Wallace called it, way back.


No comments:

Post a Comment