Monday, January 22, 2024

Capital Punishment: Asphyxiation In Alabama


I guess they tried, and it didn't work?

I've asked Bing and she is totally confused on the subject:

"Did Alabama try to kill a prison inmate with nitrogen gas?"

"Yes, Alabama tried to execute Kenneth Eugene Smith with nitrogen gas on January 26, 2024".

"Are you sure of the date January 26, 2024?"

"I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. Alabama tried to execute Kenneth Eugene Smith with nitrogen gas on January 25, 2024".

I gave up asking Bing at this point.

But maybe they have already tried and failed.

I understand they have scheduled a second attempt.

This time, though, they have some backup.

"If the gas don't work" the warden of the prison was heard to say, "we're gonna use the old plastic sack method; always works on babies; at least that's what the warning labels say".

"But if that fails, we've got a Louisville Slugger at the ready; got a kid from the high school baseball team lined up to swing it".

"Good kid; lotta home runs".

No comments:

Post a Comment