Monday, October 1, 2018

I Don’t Understand Shouting As Some Form Of Reasonable Behavior

But, it seems, most American men do.

Most American men, from the polls I have seen, say that they all think Ol’ Bret is pristine as the driven snow.

And that he should be confirmed, post haste, to the Supreme Court of the United States.

And because he can rant and rail and yell loudly and be disrespectful to the Senate of the United States of America, he should be on the Supreme Court of the United States of America; that’s balance of power, they must think; no, that’s the Ol’ Boy system in hyper drive.

But they believe it, I guess.

I really don’t think so, though.

I am an American man.

And I can’t understand what these people seem to use as the touchstone we call reality.

I can’t figure out how most other American men can be so vapidly clueless.

Or stupid.

Or both.

Or, perhaps deluded about their place in the Universe.

I don’t “know” that Dr. Ford is telling the truth.

But what she says rings pretty true to me.

And I can’t figure out why she would want to sign up for death threats to her and her family for the opportunity that I have heard ascribed to her to “have a book out in two months”.

We have already seen everything she has to say; putting that in a book would be pretty thin gruel.

What she has said is that Ol’ Bret is a foiled rapist.

He can yell and cry and sniffle all he wants, but that isn’t going to change anything.

********************************************

Since this post was posted another Post weighed in – the Washington Post:

“‘The trauma for a man’: Male fury and fear rises in GOP in defense of Kavanaugh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment