Sunday, November 4, 2018

A Really Good Wine

I bought two bottles of Corbières yesterday.

I just opened one of them. 

It is absolutely delicious. 

It tastes just like the sweet, spicy, dusty grapes that I kept stealing from the vineyards a couple of years ago when I was riding a bike up in the hills behind the Mediterranean in Languedoc.

The winemaker is the same guy who supplies Costco with its summer rosé.

I have liked Corbières ever since I went on a self directed bike trip in that appellation.

I didn’t know that I was in that appellation.

But I was.

I had never heard of  Corbières. 

At the end of one of the days’ bike riding I was out in the sitting area among some olive trees adjacent to the cook shack where dinner was being prepared - some kind of sea food mélange made with stuff caught that day by the proprietor of the place I was staying for the night - and I had opened the bottle of wine that I had bought at a local winery when the biking day had ended.

I poured.

I sipped.

And out of me burst "this is the best wine I have ever drunk".

It was Corbières. 

This one is in that league.

paris 2018 corbieres label 00000

No comments:

Post a Comment