Sunday, November 18, 2018

Puteaux

I f you are going to have skyscrapers why not move them out of town and let ‘em rip?

The arch in the middle of the image – more or less – is on a line from the center of La Louvre, through the rosé petite arch celebrating napoleon, the pool and fountain at Tuilleries, straight through the middle of the oblisque at Place de la Concorde, the Ferris wheel – in season – the Arche de Triomphe, and then, La Grande Arche de la Defénse.

Whenever I get lost I just look down that axis to figure out which direction I need to go.

This shot is from the other side of the river from La Défense  so you can’t see many of the skyscrapers in the complex.

They are legion; and, if you like that kind of thing, spectacular.

paris la défense 111818 00000

Henri IV with a tern that doesn’t give a shit. 

Or has he/she?

This was when I was on the way to Metro Stop Chatelet, so it wasn’t on the island.

I was however on another island: Isle de la Cité.

paris Henri IV with bird 111818 00000

Bronze sidewalk plaque; America might be behind?

This sure as hell isn’t West Virginia.

paris  wifi marker111818 00000

Here is where I was.

After crossing the bridge from where I took the picture of La Défense.

paris arche de ville de puteaux 111818 00000

They have roses there.

paris rose de puteaux 111818 00000

paris roses de puteaux 111818 00000

Et champignons.

paris jolie champignon 111818 00000

No comments:

Post a Comment