Monday, February 18, 2019

The Weird Other Side Revisited

For some reason the story of a gay black man being jumped on the Chicago lake front at 2:00 in the morning at the beginning of the polar vortex sounded a little fictional.

But then, every day the idiot pretending to be president of the United States does stuff that five years ago would have been considered weird House of Cards episodes, not fact.

So I just chalked up the two dudes with the rope gambit to being another weird but true part of our post truth era.

I just kept hearing news snippets about the occurrence and kept having the same off center feeling.

Finally I chose to write about it and took the tack that the two guys who did this deed were weird enough to be the basis for a Harvey Weinstein movie, if there ever were one of those again.

That was my way of saying that the event seemed to be of a somewhat fictional sort.

I don’t know if I was right.

But here is a link to that post if you are interested.

I stand by my use of an allusion to Reverend Al Sharpton.

I really like Reverend Al.

Back before I unplugged I never missed him on MSNBC.

https://noellivefromparis.blogspot.com/2019/01/weird-other-side-of-unacceptable.html

No comments:

Post a Comment