Tuesday, March 14, 2023

AUKUS: Odd Name For What It Is

 A long time ago I had this idea.

I think it was in the 1980s.

That was when Japan was kicking the ass of the non-Japanese speaking world.

In every way but war and destruction.

They had learned all they needed to have learned about that sort of thing.

Especially among those asses being kicked was America's.

I can't remember what it was that I thought I saw on the distant horizon that caused me to have my idea.

But I had it.

I called it the League of English-Speaking Nations: United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Britain. 

I included Japan.

In my idea.

AUKUS is some kind of long-term mutual defense treaty with submarine watercraft as its reason for being.

It's made up of Australia, United Kingdom and United States.

Stay tuned.

If India opts in once New Zealand and Japan have joined, we might have a future.


No comments:

Post a Comment