Sunday, June 25, 2023

An American Breakfast

 Our Association had its annual meeting and potluck last afternoon/evening.

The potluck had a lot of variety.

I was on a ferry, so I couldn't be there, but my wife brought me back from it a couple of sushi rolls that one of our neighbors of Japanese heritage provided for the fete.

I had bought a chili relleno rice and beans take-out dinner from the Mexico Cafe in Mt Vernon, the best Mexican restaurant north of El Cholo.

As is usually the case I had more Mexican food than I could eat in one sitting so I saved the rest for breakfast.

I knew I couldn't eat the sushi in tandem with Mexican food so I had already put that in a container and into the refrigerator.

That resulted in this image, and this thank you email to my neighbor who made the sushi.

*****************************************************

"My wife brought me two of your rolls back from the fete last night.

"I ate them, one before I remembered to take a picture, but I remembered in time.

"Here is a picture of the whole menu.

"Sans one sushi.

"What you see here is sushi paired with left over rice and beans from the Mexico Cafe in Mt Vernon.

"donnie notwithstanding, I think if everybody ate breakfasts like this we might have a country again."

********************************************************

I should mention that both my wife and my neighbor are Euro-Japanese Americans.

I find donnie and his spawn to be the basest of creation, not human, not even of the level of honor commonly seen in our dogs and cats or lower life forms.

But that's just me.

I love my wife and I honor my neighbor.

Here is a picture of the Japanese-Mexican amalgam.





No comments:

Post a Comment