Tuesday, December 26, 2023

I Have Also Had The Wolf

Back in 2014 my wife and I spent a few days in Paris, in our favorite hotel, in our favorite cartier. 

We had train tickets to Florence and were using the few days before departure to just wander the streets of Paris - a practice that I had, by then, turned into a full-time job.

My wife doesn't love Paris as much as I do, so I had spent a lot more time there than she had by 2014 - about two years since the year 2000; as a result, I had found a lot of things and places that I hadn't been able to share with her up to that date.

One of those places was Parc Monceau.

So one day we walked there.

And around there.

And across there.

What a great parc; the only one I like better is Montsouris, on the bottom of the City.

But we were wandering Monceau.

Up toward the top of the city.

And we got hungry there.

She had heard of a restaurant near there that sounded good.

So we went there.

To that restaurant.

And it was good.

So good.

The picture is my plate; that's what I had.

With a coupe de champagne.

They call it "bar" in the Atlantic; that means bass.

They call it "loupe" in the Mediterranean; that means wolf.

Since we were on the Atlantic part of France, I had bass.

So good.

It was at restaurant Guido de Luca.

The propriétaire was charming.


No comments:

Post a Comment