Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Some Paris Pictures

Several trips to Paris ago, and several accompanying years back, I had a revelation: there are probably more sushi restaurants in Paris than there are in Tokyo.

So I shouldn't have been surprised when I saw and shot this image in the sand of the quais not far from the Paris Cop Dock - which is pretty near the pillars in the Seine where I get my best cormorant pictures, and just down the egress road that leads up to Quais St Bernard, where the parrots leak out of le Jardin des Plantes and inspect the holes in the trees down by the cop dock.

The crow was in a little garden on the same river level quais quite near a really troubling sculpture of
A guy manning a machine gun.

The gunner seems to be pretty sexually aroused.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

Sushi in the sand:


Crow with pickled sushi ginger:


Cop Dock Cormorant:


Parrot inspecting a hole in a tree on the egress road by the cop dock:


I have never taken a picture of the machine gun guy.
I respect his right to privacy.
I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment