Saturday, April 8, 2023

Working With Bing

 Recently I was in the final stages of publishing a new book on Lulu.com.

I was to the point of needing to get serious about cover design.

As luck would have it, I knew exactly what I wanted.

So I engaged my daughter, who is an artist among her skills and talents.

I wanted a line drawing of five cats walking away from me.

She suggested that I try using DALL-E from Open AI.

Since Open AI has Chat GPT and since Chat GPT has been imbedded in Microsoft Bing, and since I had signed up for early testing of the AI imbedded Bing, I decided to see if I could get cover help from Bing.

Here is what happened.

Just to see if Bing would even know what I was talking about I asked if it could make me an image of five cats walking away from me with their tails in the air.

It said "sure".


So that was proof of concept with some extra tails.

Then I asked it if it could do a line drawing of a cat walking away from me with its tail in the air.

Bing said "sure".


Not wanting to ask too much too soon I asked if it could add two cats to the drawing.


Then I asked for two more.



This was the first run at the project.

As the raster image and the line drawings indicate, Bing had some problems with what tails are, where they belong, and how many are five.

But it got me, after some more work to one cat that I could, with Photoshop, make into five and a cover for my book.









No comments:

Post a Comment