Sunday, June 4, 2023

The Ebb And Flow Of Being A Blogger

 I started this blog in 2010 to accommodate my desire to document four months in Paris.

I changed the name of the blog in 2014 to accommodate documenting five months in Paris.

Over time I have posted over 2400 posts.

That is probably why sometimes - for days at a time, sometimes - I get startling numbers of page views.

Each new post gets a few, maybe, on a good day, 20 or 25, but sometimes pushing a thousand posts accumulate across the aggregate total for a day.

That always brings me up short.

Most posts that I post I consider to be brilliant, or I wouldn't post them, and I believe each time that that one is the one that finally is going to make me an influencer.

Or something great.

But that never happens.

No new post ever exceeds 25 page views.

And that number is seldom, seldom, seldom.

But it's not unusual any more for the blog to have three to five thousand page views in a month.

How can that be? I often shout into the void.

I guess this screen capture tells the tale.

There are a lot of twos and threes looking at stuff I don't even remember posting.



No comments:

Post a Comment