Saturday, September 23, 2017

Otherwise You Are Screwed…

I was at The Galley recently.

I was half way through my martini and well on my way to deciding what I was going to order for dinner.

I was sitting next to friend and enjoying our aimless conversation.

He is one of those people who knows how to do anything that requires carpentry, masonry, electricity, etc. etc. etc..

And he makes an excellent living from using those skills.

The conversation was wandering dangerously close to why there are so many people who are down and out in America

Out of nowhere I had a thought I had never had before.

“You have skill; I got lucky; and some are born rich.  Otherwise you’re pretty well screwed.”

“That’s scary” I said.

“No, that’s America” my friend said.

So much for the American dream: another bogus flim flam bites the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment