Saturday, November 18, 2017

The Angel Did It: Part One

Dateline: Nazareth 0000 BC/AD

“So what are we going to do?”

“Joe, if you ask me that one more time I am going to have to castrate you.”

Silence settles on the couple; the man, much older than the woman, seems to be gathering his thoughts.

“ I wish you had – before – but thanks for the feedback.”

Silence ensues yet again; a gecko crawls up the wall of the mud hut.

“But, can’t you just make the kid go away? I mean, I hear from the crones that there are ways …”

“Fuck off Joe.”

“You need to clean up your mouth, Mary.”

“I’ll get right on it!”

“Well, you need to think…”

“Think – you could have thought – but you just plowed the field, as they say.”

“The field resisted not.”

“Whatever.”

“But what I was trying to say, what I was trying to get you to comprehend is that I am old; future generations will say that you being 15 and me being 72 will justify some future behavior, by some future asshole.”

“Are you nuts?”

“Most assuredly; articulate also; prophetic,even.”

No comments:

Post a Comment