Thursday, March 30, 2017

Chris Hayes’ New Book

When I was about twelve years old I distilled what had been until then a distinct dislike for cops into a viewpoint: cops are paid to repress a class of people less fortunate than I perceived myself to be and to defend to the death a class of people that I knew to be much richer than my family, and to pretty much ignore – unless we got uppity – people like me and my parents and grand parents.

Now apparently somebody has written a book that sounds as if, what I have always thought to be my one of a kind and strange (based upon all the white folk rhetoric in favor of the cops) viewpoint, has some legs in the market place of ideas.

Sounds as if it is a good book.

And it sounds especially well fitted to the US in its waning days.

No comments:

Post a Comment