03 October 2024

Voting In North Carolina

One of my family members lives in North Carolina.
 
She recently told me in extensive detail what the republican legislature has done to deeply impede voting.
 
It sums up to "it's very difficult for most people - anyone but old white republicans - to register, and if any non-white, non-republican manages to register, voting will be close to impossible ".

(There is also a whole big farce ID card story that would be interesting to tell, but I haven't the time.)

Also, I think I heard that anyone voting not on election day and not in a voting booth looked over by republican white christian poll watchers needs to vote in the presence of a republican approved notary public.

Sounds kinda like the abortion watch brigade, doesn't it?

Probably is.

And I am sorry that it is in North Carolina, a state that I had thought to be, like Georgia, rational.
 
That condition, accompanied by the fact that (probably) Blue Asheville won't be able to vote, since it no longer exists, makes any Kamala North Carolina Miracle little more than drunken discourse from the end of the bar.

I am deeply regretful.

For North Carolina.

And for Kamala Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment