Sunday, December 6, 2020

Impasse: How The Republic Crumbles - And is Crumbling ...

 Two of my posts in the last few weeks have been executed with the purest of intentions, including the fact that they were what I was thinking about something - anything - at the moment that I had posted them

But one of my dominant characteristics is that I have some sort of index that I keep about what I think and what I have said over time about what it is that I think.

That can make me pretty redundant over time, which is one of - I assume, many - reasons that I have had no success in literature.

But sometimes the index is useful, and sometimes the things that I have said fit together better that they stand alone.

On November 14 2020, I posted:

"So far all the spaghetti that donnie has been throwing against the wall continues to slide down into a nasty inedible pile on the floor: judges keep saying donnie's legal challenges read like scripts from the theatre of the absurd.

But one high level nasty possibility keeps floating above the fray: the republican legislatures in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan can remove the electors that are directed by the results of the recent election and replace them with electors instructed to vote for donnie.

That's 46 electoral votes.

That's giving the election to donnie.

That is overturning what the VOTERS decided.

The only problem appears to be that for this election cycle, the year 2020, those republicans really can't change the law that says the electors WILL vote for whomever won the election in the states considering this nullification of the people's will; that law was signed into existence prior to 3 November 2020 in the states with republicans considering intervention and it can't be retroactively abrogated in those states; that is the thinking; I guess we will see.

So, in the best of worlds a few states won't be able to say that the PEOPLE have no right to vote for the President of the United States.

It's amazing in donnieWorld how little it takes to make a good day.

But even that paltry good day would be an ephemeral and transient phenomenon: those same legislatures actually can change the law for 2024, saying that the legislature will direct the electors how to vote, non respective to whatever the voters decide; I assume Ohio, just to be safe would pass the same law.

That's 64 electoral votes when Ohio is included.

So I guess I see why donnie thinks he has a chance in 2024.

And I guess I see what Ol' Mitch and the boys will be doing to any attempt by the Biden administration to improve the lot of everyday Americans: "lex nihil".

The only thing I guess I don't see, is why would we even have an election in 2024?

If my logic and facts here are valid, and if the question derivative of them is equally valid, it is obvious that the United States really has become a tin pot dictatorship on a smooth glidepath to 2024. "

***********************************************************

On December 5, 2020 I posted:

"Jacques showed up today.

It was really good to see him.

It has been several years.

We first met in an apartment in Paris where he was eating croissant crumbs and I was lapsing into sleep in a kitchen chair.

On that occasion he was there to tell me that I needed to "find her" or "help her" or something like that.

That had had to do with a relationship spanning 5000 years.

I guess that it turned out well.

And I  have seen him subsequently several times, always in Paris.

This is the first time that he has contacted me on the Salish Sea.

He did that stand there with his hands on his hips thing - being a mouse that has always been an odd pose, but that has always been they way he has acted around me,

Maybe that's the way he acts with everyone.

I have no way to know.

But there he was this time on the island.

He was pounding on the front door - the door on the side of the house that is opposite the water - and I thought that that was pretty ridiculous, but I humored him; he could have just opened the door and come in, since his non opposable thumb wasn't needed for doorknob twisting, but he was being "proper".

What a pain in the ass when your best friends feel that they need to be "proper".

But he did.

Feel that need.

On all previous occasions I have been taken by Jacques to a thing called The Council of Leaders.

It's members are Napoleon, Catherine the great, FDR, Harry and so forth and so on.

Every time I have ever been there it has been chaired by George Washington - they call him The President.

This time the room was empty.

Or so it seemed until the lights came up a bit and sitting alone there was The President.

He looked at me with an expression that was sad, distant and intense.

"Save my country".

"I am just a citizen".

"But you care".

"I do; but we are beyond caring".

"Yes; donnie has nearly destroyed us, but someone needs to act in response; you can try, at least; you can try; you can try".

And then he started to cry; he cried huge lung rending sobs.

"Save my country".

"Somebody, save ..."

***************************************************************

When I wrote these I didn't see the relationship; I was merely documenting how I was feeling.

****************************************************************

If you want to read about my earlier encounter with The President: Noel McKeehan: Adventures and Opinions: Another Day in Paris: I Meet President Washington (noellivefromparis.blogspot.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment