Friday, April 22, 2022

Florida v Disney

 I think I might have known this.

Because I seem to make a habit of knowing obscure sorts of facts.

I am proffering that prologue because everything else in this post depends upon your belief that I know what I am talking about.

If the prologue works, I wish I could be sharing your belief that I know what I am talking about.

Ol' Ron - Florida's President-in-Waiting - just signed a law that takes away the municipal-corporation-like powers granted in another era - back in 1967, I think - to Walt Disney and the boys so that they would/could invest huge amounts of money in East Central Florida - a place mainly, at the time of the deal, of airboats and alligators.

Now, in our time, it's a hallucinatory destination for most of the peoples of the Western Hemisphere.

The coffers of Florida flow deep with Disney Gold.

But Ol' Ron Orban, in the run up to his inevitable - he believes - replacement of donnie, wants to show the mudsill - his lackey voter hoard - that he is a big man when it comes to Business and its manifold nuances.

I have to ask who Ol' Ron expects to pick up the bill for all the county-like services: roads, garbage, fire, EMT and police etc. that Disney has been providing over the years.

Probably not the air boaters or the alligators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment