Thursday, February 18, 2021

Don't Mess With Texas

 It's good to see the sterling results that can be had from a government of, by and for the republicans.

Texas is doing really well in the face of a weather catastrophe: all republican beliefs are standing up in spite of a whining onslaught from some feckless and backsliding everyday citizens.

Tim Boyd, the mayor of Colorado City, Texas had some things to say to those mewling minions of mediocrity (I'm calling on the spirit of Spiro Agnew here) recently.  Apparently some were sniveling about not having electricity, heat or water; "what would you expect from such extreme conditions as has been the weather in Texas recently", is the obvious question to ask, not to ask "what is going to be done in amelioration"; amelioration after all costs big bucks.

From CBS comes this snippet: "In a Facebook post made Tuesday morning, Tim Boyd wrote that it is “not the local government’s responsibility to support you during trying times like this! Sink or swim, it’s your choice!”

A little deeper in to the CBS article we find this "As for the power outages that have left thousands of Texans in the cold, Boyd wrote, “The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING! I’m sick and tired of people looking for a damn handout! If you don’t have electricity you step up and come up with a game plan to keep your family warm and safe.”

And finally "Boyd didn’t stop there, calling those who “have no power and are sitting there waiting for someone to come rescue you” lazy. “Only the strong will survive and the weak will parish (sic),”  

(As with most republicans Boyd is quite religious - thus the use of 'parish' rather than 'perish'. And you have to admire him for the nod to the militia mentality)

It's so good to have that quality of stiff upper lip and steel rodded backbone in charge at the local level.

But Texans are doubly blessed; they have Ted Cruz a paragon of bearded, independent thinking, bootstrap pulling up conservative, and yes, I'm not afraid to say it, CHRISTIAN values in a leadership role at the national level.

Ted left the cold Texas darkness and got on a plane to Mexico the other day.

But there is also superb leadership at the state level: Texans are lucky to have a man of the timbre and quality of Greg Abbott as governor.

I saw him interviewed yesterday saying that the whole problem is being caused by that damn renewable energy stuff: it just doesn't work.

I admire him for asserting the truth of the situation; he is being constantly undermined in his clear eyed assessment by the fake media: I have seen and heard multiple reports with the same fake news information - the renewable component of the Texas grid, which is 10% of the system - is performing as designed; the other 90%, which is mostly natural gas driven, has frozen up and is not working.

I think it is appalling that Governor Abbott has to put up with that level of insidious attack upon him and his god fearing, republican loving state; and don't get me started on the unique brilliance of Texas being the only entity anywhere with a power grid with no external complements or supplements; that is republican thinking of a level that brings tears.

In support of the Governor's assertion of the failure of the renewable component Fox news has run a number of times a video clip of a wind turbine being de-iced by a helicopter; what more evidence could there be in support of Governor Abbot's assessment of the situation?

The clip is archival footage from an incident in Sweden several years back, but it illustrates the mortal nature of pursuing pinko-green liberal socialist energy policies.

I am sure the people will rise up in his defense.

Once they thaw out their pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment