Friday, August 12, 2022

The Ties That Bind: Some Email Traffic

 I sent this brief email to a friend that I have not seen since 1967:

"Stupid Question: But even my conspiratorial mind draws a blank. Why would donnie take all that classified stuff home?"

Answer: "Putin asked him for US nuke release, command and control, etc."

So, I replied:

I know you might have read Saigon 1967 since I sent you a copy.

So, I know you might know how pointless and stupid I thought was the war that we both served in.

So, I got out of the military at the first possible opportunity.

(I had a last chance to stay - I was temporary intelligence officer of the RF4 squadron at Itazuke  that was taking daily pictures of the North Koreans in support of the Pueblo Debacle - Combat Fox. By accident I did some things really well and the Executive Officer who had just been promoted to Squadron Commander asked me to let him get me transferred to Kadena from Offutt; I was too stupid to accept; I wanted out; I was so young and so stupid; but I really enjoyed my subsequent IBM career.)

But if I had known then what I know now about where America was headed, I would have stayed for as long as USAF I would have let me stay and then have done my best to get to the DIA for the rest of my life.

I believe in "Sea to Shining Sea" and that all of us, black, white, yellow, red, brown, et al autres are my brothers and sisters.

To see it come apart during my lifetime is something I wish I hadn't lived to see.

To see it all brought down by such a documented criminal asshole leaves me speechless." 



No comments:

Post a Comment