Thursday, February 9, 2023

How I Really Feel

 Yesterday I posted a sort of beat around the bush observation about aid to Syria.

I wanted to make a point, but I didn't want to be harsh.

I have kept hearing since then - perhaps the volume is even increasing - that the fact that the EU, and especially the United States, aren't giving aid directly to Bashar al Assaad is "just politics".

The EU and the United States are in fact pouring aid into Humanitarian Aid NGOs that have been and continue to serve the land area previously known as Syria.

That's a hard job because it's only a land area - something that might be sketched over the silhouette of a land mass on a piece of paper called a map; but there is no government; maybe there are gangs or war lords or Islamic Nut Cells, but no government.

Bashar al Assad, self-titled "President" is in charge of nothing; he is a murderer presiding over a pile of smoking rubble.

He's the guy who killed between four and five hundred thousand of his people (they had elected him as president with synthetic enthusiasm not long before he started killing them) over the last twelve years.

He's the guy who called Putin in to bomb hospitals from the air (a transferable skill, the world has learned with chagrin and dismay in the last year).

He's the guy who selectively gassed his own people.

He's the guy who happily let some of the oldest of human works be turned to dust.

Why would any rational entity give Assad money?

Or even feminine hygiene products?

Not doing so is not politics; it's common sense.

***************************************************************

In early 2017 donnie drove me over the edge.

I had been trying to comment on his antics, crimes and catastrophic incompetence with reasoned, supported snippets of expository prose.

I soon came to realize that that was a fool's errand.

So I joined up, as best as I was able, the mainstream commenting class.

In a blog post around that time, I announced that I was constituting myself forevermore as a premier source of fake news.

I think I have, here above, one of my finer such products.

I have done no research, know nothing about the subject, am clearly flirting with some sort of racism and religious intolerance, and am generally just plug ignorant.

I am excited to continue to blend into the Twenty First Century Milieu.



No comments:

Post a Comment