Sunday, July 10, 2022

A Gil Pindar Moment

 It was one of the oddest experiences I had ever had.

It was the scene in Midnight in Paris where Gil Pindar is sitting on the steps of a church.

I knew exactly where those steps were; I had never known for sure where any scene I had ever seen in a Paris themed movie was shot, but I knew where those steps were; and they had some sort of significance that I couldn't explain, so I was not only surprised to recognize them but to share the feeling of significance assigned to them in that scene in the movie.

They had made that impression on me a year before I saw the movie.

So, when my wife and I spent some time in Paris in 2012 one of the first pictures was:


The church is Saint-Étienne du Mont.

I think the steps in the movie were a different, smaller set back to the left of the image, down the hill - on rue Montagne Sainte-Geneviève.

Somewhere I have that image also, but this one pretty well tells the tale.

That notwithstanding, the Peugeot never showed up.

I'm going back later this year.

I'll try again.

At Midnight. 



2 comments:

  1. I love that movie...time to watch again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched it for the 500th or so time a couple months ago.

      Delete