Wednesday, July 6, 2022

A True Story About Delta Airlines

 In theory I am going to Paris for a month later this year.

I will celebrate many things there, among them my birthday.

To join me for my birthday, various members of my family are scheduled to filter in from various places at various times.

One of those filtering in bought a nonstop to Paris from Raleigh-Durham.

Recently she got a nice email from Delta telling her that the nonstop had been changed to a two leg with connection in Boston.

More recently she got a nice email from Delta saying that the schedule of the Raleigh-Durham flight had been changed and that that change would cause her to miss the connecting flight in Boston.

I think the email concluded that Delta hoped this wouldn't be an inconvenience.

But I may have imagined that.

Since airlines are in the business of causing problems, not avoiding them, nor solving them when causing them has proved to be unavoidable, our situation in this circumstance is we have a paid for worthless Delta ticket that is going to need intelligent Delta Employee intervention - this is not a go to the web site to fix it sort of problem - but the chances of talking to Delta are doubtful.

We really haven't figured out what to do about that: have you tried to call an airline recently?

Looks like checkmate.

I guess Delta gets to keep the money we paid for this now inexecutable flight.

I do feel compelled to assert that a business model that offers products that don't really exist and collects money in advance for those products is probably not legal.

But when you're too big to fail ...

No comments:

Post a Comment