Monday, October 3, 2022

The Ghost Of Parc Montsouris?

 I have lived in Paris for a couple of years cumulatively over the last 23 years.

I think I have my count more or less correct.

If not, what a joyous delusion?

Early in that habitation I discovered Parc Montsouris.

It is a major character in my attempted novel, A Curious Confluence.

It also is the place I first saw members of the growing tribe of beautiful creatures, the parrots of Paris.

I won't recount that first parrot story; it is documented elsewhere in this blog.

But here is a picture.


 So Parc Montsouris became my favorite Paris Parc.

It barely edges out Jardin du Luxembourg, Parc Monceau and le Jardin des Plantes.

One nice day I had just entered Parc Montsouris when I saw a distinguished woman of somewhat advanced age having a moment of levity with a couple of the black swans of Parc Montsouris.

I was charmed.

I asked her if I could take her picture.

She said "have at it" or some equally Parisian thing.

So I did.

Here is one of the pictures.


Some fairly significant number of ergs of time after I had taken that picture, and after maybe even several additional trips to Paris had come and gone, I, for some reason was Googling "Parc Montsouris".

I found this picture from 1948.

If I were a talented screen writer, I think I could parlay this black and white from the middle of the last century, coupled with its color companion from early in the current century into something monetizable.

But I am not, so I will just post the picture.

The screen play, obviously, would center on some form of interrupted, or unrequited, love, with me - or a stand-in such as George Clooney - as the wanderer through the great quantum that is time and space.



No comments:

Post a Comment