Saturday, April 10, 2021

Sunset In The West

 Occasionally for no apparent reason I am confronted with a couplet or a concept or an image or a viewpoint that needs to be a poem.

I have a file with quite a few of them.

They certainly aren't a body of work but they are more than a couple poems.

One of them is even quite long; I wrote it in reaction to something a friend of mine had said about his rather hardscrabble childhood; I wrote it to be like a Bruce Springsteen song; I have never tried to make the music.

But it's in the file.

Live Wire had an all poetry episode today.

It was a really good episode; it moved me to open my file.

Here was my favorite for today.

If it had been tomorrow my favorite would have been some other one.

I hope I can keep writing more every now and then.

So I can have a lot of favorite ones.

*********************************************************


After all that is going to pass;

The contents of a glass;

When gone will mark;

The advance of the dark;

For some or all;

But most will fall;

Out of the light;

Into the night;

As well they should;

And that is or - will be - good.


No comments:

Post a Comment