Monday, May 22, 2023

Trying To Pierce The Communication Curtain

 I get emails and texts from a variety of Democratic politicians.

Recently Gavin Newsom has joined the list.

He sends out pretty entertaining and cogent emails.

Today I decided to pursue a fool's errand; I replied to a Gavin Newsom email.

Here it is.

"I'm pretty late in life.  

"I've been interested in politics since 1952.

"As the plot of the whole business has thickened into a "will the Republic survive?" sort of thing since the advent of donnie, I have become more and more concerned about the one-way relationship that politicians - even vastly superior ones like Mr. Newsom - have with the electorate.

"They send out emails that don't solicit, or even allow, response - except contributions.

"I contribute quite a bit, fixed income notwithstanding, which is probably why I am on his mailing list; but I would like to contribute ideas occasionally, as well as money.

"They have websites that are mazes designed to avoid voter contact (I haven't checked the governor's so, perhaps, he's different).

"I'm hoping he's different with email; I am taking the leap of faith and providing a link to a brief blog post that I, a voter, put on my blog site recently.

"Actually, I replied to an email from Bernie last night with a link to a different post; I have decided to try to pierce the communication curtain between me and politicians that I tend to trust.

"Let a real dialog commence?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment