26 May 2024

MAGA Moments

I recently had a conversation with my barber. 

I was really careful, because it's unwise to argue much with someone who is standing behind you with a razor. 

He said recently how bad everything is with Biden as president.  

I asked him to elaborate. 

He said that gasoline prices are way up, and we are running out of oil.  

I said that I was pretty sure that, starting in Obama's administration the US has been a major crude oil exporter and number one in the world in export of refined petroleum products.  

I said I doubted that we would be a major exporter if we were running out of oil at home.  

Then he said that Biden had canceled that pipeline.  

I asked him what pipeline (I couldn't remember the name of the one I thought he was talking about, and he didn't know).  

So I said that I thought it was the one that was going to carry Canadian tar sand oil to Houston for export to the world market.  

I said I didn't think that exporting more oil would make US gasoline prices any lower, and that, in any event, the product being exported was Canada's product not the US's and that, being tar sand based, that oil was a massive contributor to pollution at every stage of its existence.  

We started talking about cars.




No comments:

Post a Comment