Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Sadness Of The First Degree

I keep thinking that, at most, only about 30% or so of us Americans think that donnie should remain in office.

But he keeps remaining, and keeps moving closer to being The Idiot That Brought Down an Empire (a book I may write some day).

I have never really approved of the empire, but it has provided stability, growth and progress to the world for 70 or so years.

So maybe it has been an OK empire.

I think both Roosevelts, Wilson, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama would say it was and has been – on balance - a force for good in the world.

And with that group in favor I find it hard to argue.

So now we have donnie the dildo.

Both domestically and internationally donnie – probably due to stupidity, not sinister intent – is bringing that empire down.

And – apparently 70% or so of us – are letting him get away with it.

Something is amiss here.

I am beginning to think it must be me.

Maybe everything I thought that America was, that America should be, that America could be and that America would be has been just plain wrong.

If that is true, the problem, for me is, I don't want to live here anymore.

Capitulating to government generated mass hysteria passing as a national ethos: a national ethos of hate, fear, wanting to be safe and just plain selfishness has no appeal to me

That is a value statement.

But it is also a community statement: I don’t want to live amongst a tribe of vicious and.frightened hamsters.

But I also know this: moving permanently to another country is not a trivial task.

And it may not even be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment