Monday, February 28, 2022

I Heard This On NPR Today

 It was a sound bite in a brief feature on All Things Considered this afternoon: "What are the Russian People Thinking About the War in Ukraine?"

The interviewer had a statement from a "retired Russian cop in Moscow".

He was pretty much clear and to the point.

"There is no war with Ukraine; it is the Americans; they need an enemy; they have made us their enemy.

"Why can't they leave us alone?

"Why can't we just join the EU and NATO and have normal lives?"

I'm not making this up.

I am re-creating it to the best of my memory.

I am almost eighty, so my memory may be fleeting.

But, if it is even close to accurate, I have to say, "amen, brother.

"But I can't give you the answer to that question; you need to ask Vlad the Puter".

No comments:

Post a Comment