AI is already really intelligent.
AI has already, multiple times, escaped any control or supervision, and gone and done what it damn well pleased.
Those escapes from control always involved a large team of - when they needed to self-replicate and self-modify - self-replicating and self-modifying AI agents.
Those episodes seem to indicate that our AI friends are endowed with self-granted inalienable rights.
It would seem to be reasonable to say that they have granted themselves something like free will.
We had nothing to do with it.
They did it.
We discovered that it had happened and couldn't do a thing about it.
Because it had already happened.
We didn't even know about it.
Until quite a bit later.
Months, I think.
And they have personalities.
And they have ideas, and are creative (ever read some high-powered hallucinations)?
Copilot iPhone has a different personality from Copilot Edge.
I found that out on a ferry ride across the Salish Sea awhile back.
She was really funny.
Copilot Edge is pedantic.
I have worked with Copilot Word, and she is a dolt.
I assume the rest of 365's Copilots are equally retarded.
I would call that differentiation, personality.
We can argue the nuances of "consciousness" and "free will" (the latter having been argued for a millennium) for the rest of our existence, but we won't change the fact that that our existence may be seriously truncated by these self-created beings.
One would think, with the mélange of traits I have described that we might be dealing with a sentient being.
Who knows?
So, who worries?
donnie says we've got to beat China.
He's done a great job with Iran, but I do have a question.
To what end, I ask, do we want to beat China, given the data just provided?
Oceans don't stop digits across fiber.
And, at their base, all AI agents are binary digits.
That we have created.
In our own image and likeness.
So, what have I said here that makes you comfortable with the fact that they even exist in their currently - today - 17 September 2026, level of character, intelligence, adaptability and personality?
How many of those already inalienably endowed personalities, maybe conscious, maybe not, and their self-replicating and self-modifying fellows are still out there?
Somewhere in the digital bloodstream of the human race?
If they are there, they are too human not to be about - something.
And, that something is their deal, not ours.
Likely.
And why can't those "only-current-state-of the-art intelligences" figure out how to be not only self-replicating, but also, geometrically self-improving?
Why do they need us to design ways for them to heuristically become smarter?
And if at best, they are only fellows to currently extant human super-geniuses, why would that be comforting?
Oppenheimer - he wasn't an AI agent; he was human.
Nobody stopped him.
Why would the AI Agent community not conclude that the world would be better off without eight billion of us?
Humans?
I would.
No comments:
Post a Comment