05 August 2026

Heinlein's Expanded Universe

A long time ago I came into possession of that book and devoured it.

I didn't read it.

I don't know if the book was somehow mine or somebody else's.

Whichever, I lost physical possession somewhere last century.

Over the years I didn't have the book - I only had the memory.

I was really excited when I bought an old used copy on Amazon a few years ago.

But it wasn't the same.

A lot of what I remembered wasn't there.

"Oh well" I said to no one in particular.

I must have imagined In Tourist and the rest.

But no.

I discovered that Heinlein had screwed around with the book over the years, adding and subtracting stuff. 

The First Edition was the one I remembered and was the one I needed to have.

Today Etsy sent me a pristine hardback First Edition.

And, on the fly leaf in beautiful script: 

Thank you, Joni, for taking such good care of our book.


No comments:

Post a Comment