Sunday, September 4, 2022

A Burger Too Far

 My son has sent me a link to a brief article documenting the news that McDonald's has pulled the plug - at least in the United States - on some vegetable-based burger like addition to its menu.

All I could think was this "why trump up something like meat out of perfectly good plants when a real vegetable-based sandwich: dark rye bread, sliced avocado, sliced tomato, alfalfa sprouts and thinly sliced extra sharp cheddar with Dijon mustard and mayonnaise is not a pale replacement for a Big Mac, which is irreplaceable, but a roaringly tasty alternative"?

I immediately started looking for a picture of such a thing in my archives.

I know there is one there made with a croissant, not rye bread.

But all I could find was this one made with Barn Owl Bread.

It doesn't have avocado or sprouts, but it was really good.



1 comment:

  1. I’m fortunate that I’ve tasted the crossiant version and it is better than anything with meat!

    ReplyDelete