Saturday, September 10, 2022

Parisian Shrimp

 I have posted every now and then about one of my favorite places in Paris, the Aquarium Tropical; it's across a square and street complex from the entrance to le Bois de Vincennes.

For starters the facility is exceptional because it has extensive numbers of tanks of both salt water and freshwater creatures: the salt water are really flashy, the fresh are really interesting.

Over my life I have kept numbers of tanks of freshwater tropicals, so I know how hard it is to establish a stable environment, let alone maintain it.

Based on a large number of visits to this aquarium over the years I can say that this facility has successfully mastered the art.

For me the epitome of that success is a tribe of tiny freshwater shrimp.


The saltwater fish are pretty flashy though.






No comments:

Post a Comment