Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Blogs, Facebook And other Stuff

I got on Facebook and Twitter because that is what was thought to one needed to to do to have any chance at promoting a book one had written.

They didn’t – promote anything – but I do have a bunch of people with whom Facebook provides a pleasant medium of keeping in contact.

Twitter is worthless.

As far as my lifestyle seems to say.

But I only need to be in contact with the rest of the human race every hour or so.

I have signed up for Instagram and I’ll be damned if I know what one is supposed to do with it, let alone how, or why.

Vine was a fun little app when I first got it, particularly because it was impossible not to know how to use it and impossible not to be charmed into doing so.

And the results were pretty charming.

They have fixed those beguiling and useful characteristics in subsequent releases.

The blog – this being a post to it -  was for book promotion.

As noted above, the promotion or the book or both were illusions.

Actually the book is real.

Any chance of a readership was the illusion.

But I keep at the blog because it presents me with the challenge of trying to figure out how to get anyone’s attention.

So far I haven’t – gotten anyone’s attention – but the challenge of keeping trying keeps me from staring at the wall and drooling.

I have a web site that hasn’t had any updates for years.

It was for book promotion.

Book promotion being a gone goose one would think that I would get rid of the web site.

But I keep it so I can click and get some recipes that I have included on the site.

When I forget how to make stuff to eat.

Which is fairly often.

I also have some fun little movies on my site: 

http://noelmckeehan.com/manhattanmaker.html

No comments:

Post a Comment